Thursday 5 April 2012

Cocobella Coconut Water



What is Coconut Water?

It's a 100% natural beverage made from the water inside young green coconuts which is naturally rich in electrolytes; potassium, calcium, sodium, magnesium, phosphorous.

Coconut water is the latest fad to hit the streets with many celebrities such as Rihanna raving about being a huge fan and the health benefits.

I was intrigued to try.
I like coconut. Tick yes.
I like water. Tick yes too.

So I have all the pre-requisites to like coconut water? Yes, one could conclude that!

Here goes…

On my first sip of Cocobella Coconut Water, I felt a slight bitter taste hit my tongue. The first thing I thought was “this is not sweet”. The bitter taste continued, and I could taste the sodium (all 100mg of sodium – gee that’s alot!)

Okay so I’m not quite convinced how this drink is supposed to be good for you. Looking at the ingredients, although low in calories, and zero fat & preservatives – it’s high in sodium. Do coconuts naturally have high sodium content?

I will be having a fresh coconut the next time I feel like a coconut drink. Naturally refreshing and tasty – straight from the source!

Cocobella Coconut Water Straight Up – Quick Nutritional Facts:
250ml
58 calories
11.8g sugars
100mg sodium
0g Fat
0g Fibre

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree with your comment about the Cocobella taste being bitter. I think there needs to be a straw for it to be more practical. I also thought it was rather expensive compared to other brands.