Wednesday 14 March 2012

Is Fruit zero calories?




I love my fresh fruit. Blueberries with cereal for breakfast. Banana mid morning snack. Apple, post lunch snack. Grapes mid afternoon snack. More grapes, after dinner snack.

hmmmmm...... so I wonder - can I eat all the fresh fruit I want and still fit into my skinny jeans?

Apparently not. Did you know - One banana contains 100 calories and 27 grams of carbohydrates. One apple can contain as much as 115 calories and 30 grams of carbohydrates!

Fruit is not a free calorie food, according to Mike Roussell, PhD. "It's easy to eat 100 grams worth of carbohydrates in one day from fruit alone, and if you're treating them as if they have no caloric value, you will unknowingly be eating 400 extra calories per day."

Ouch. So you learn something new everyday! Though I still love my fresh fruit, I will be keeping this in mind the next time I feel the battle of the skinny jeans is on and I refer to my faithful pal the skinny jeans diet :))



No comments: